Where: Nairobi, Kenya, P.O.Box 57329-00200, Nairobi, Kenya, Nairobi 254 Contact: Volunteers Service (UCESCO)- Kenya Contact Email: [email protected] Contact Phone: 254726172393 Open Volunteer Spots: Unlimited
- This is a program of supporting cancer patients and underserved population to feel good and better. We wouldn’t be able to do what we do best without the generosity of our volunteers. Whether you’re a survivor, friend, or just want to contribute to the community, we would be honored to have your support. It makes a world of difference.
- As a hairstylist, nail technician, Cosmetologists or esthetician, you have the potential to change someone’s life for the better just by making a positive difference in their day. Utilize that power to give back to the community in more ways than one!
- UCESCO we have beauty school that loves to give back to society together with international volunteers coming to our organization. We visit homeless, local shelters children’s homes and retirement home who oftentimes they no longer have the manual dexterity or financial means to maintain their appearance the way they might like, to provide a little pampering of free hairstyling, pedicure, manicure, or Skincare service to improve their self- esteem and do wonders for their spirits. It also allows children to go to school with confidence and avoid the wrath of bullies.
- As volunteer will also have an opportunity to;
- Learn and teach our students on makeup, hairdressing, beauty therapy and nail technology and mentor and offer them guidance on an industry forum, sharing your experience that can make a difference.
- Teach beauty techniques to people with cancer
- Instruct cancer patients on skin and nail care, cosmetics, wigs and turbans, accessories and styling in order to help them manage the appearance-related side effects of their treatment
- Mentor disadvantaged women
Funds raise for hairdressing and beauty therapy equipment, and collect hair for Locks of Love to save that hair for this life-changing charity that provides free hairpieces to disadvantaged children who are suffering from long-term medical hair loss and poor women.